In the spirit of “throwback thursdays,” we’re posting images from our visual archives over the next few weeks. With a staggering 30,000+ photographs that document our work since 2005, there’s a lot to choose from.
We produced a 5′ diameter mosaic sign for the Riverdale Hub in 2012, shortly after the Hub had moved into a historic tenement building at 1326 Gerrard St. East. Founded by Riverdale Immigrant Women’s Centre, a grassroots women’s organization, the Hub’s historic century-old building has been re-imagined as an environmentally sustainable space that promotes community economic development through social enterprises.
We’re not generally in the business of sign-making but we wanted to be a part of the realization of this important Gerrard Bazaar neighbourhood project.